Friday, November 21, 2014

Wrestling

Will has been attended a wrestling camp for the last two weeks and the program culminated with a small tournament tonight.  I'll admit, wrestling was a little hard for this mom to watch.  He hit the mat hard a few times and I'm sure I visibly winced.  I know next to nothing about wrestling and learned a few pointers tonight.  Will worked really hard and we are proud of him for trying something new.  Especially when that 'something' involves throwing (or being thrown) people down on a mat.  We have a week off and then basketball starts for both kids.  In the meantime, I think Will wants to keep practicing wrestling so Reina had better watch her back.   
 
Grappling.  I think that's what the call it.  Or dancing. 

Will and his good buddy who happens to be in his second grade class. 

My boy.  My big, big kid.
These pictures are courtesy of the Bronco Baby Mom's early Christmas present.  I know, I know, it's only November 21 but Glenn ordered my new camera last weekend so that he'd officially be done Christmas shopping.  No comment.  When it arrived yesterday I hemmed and hawed about not opening it until Christmas but then I thought about all of the great photo opportunities in the next few weeks and let's admit it, my cell phone is barely doing the job right now. I have a lot to learn with my new camera (that has an actual lens and so many settings that I'm not even sure what the little icons mean) but I'm pretty amazed at what it can do so far.  

No comments: