Friday, November 28, 2014

Black Friday

It's officially the holiday season. I woke up not too painfully early, slapped on some mascara and headed out to do some shopping. I avoid the 3 a.m. or midnight or whatever it is now rush, but I do like to go out a little early and see the sales.  Vicky and I met at Target at around 7 a.m.  I was untethered but delighted to have this little reindeer for company.  This morning is the only guaranteed shopping time I have with no kiddos in tow so I try to grab some of the bigger items and look at everything else.  
 
It's too dang early to be wearing reindeer antlers lady.
 
One of the great things about shopping with a one-year old is that you can test drive possible toddler toys before deciding on the winner.  While I'd wanted to let the kids pick out something for Baby Cousin, this firetruck was on sale and a big hit with the little kiddo.  I bought it and brought it home to show to the kids. It was a big hit with the five and seven-year old set too.  In fact, it's still sitting on the edge of the couch and whenever either one of them walk by, they can't help but press the siren.  There have been at least five times today where I thought that a firetruck was not only racing down our street but probably pulling into our driveway.  Need to get that sucker wrapped. 
 
weeee ooooooo weeeee oooooo weeeee ooooo weeee oooo (x's 100)
After my early morning shopping spree, I came home, grabbed a piece of pumpkin pie for breakfast and the kids and I headed to Fort Collins to return my brand new camera and run a few other errands.  Glenn's chasing the elusive wapiti so off we went.  On the way down I heard one of my favorite non-church Christmas songs. 
Reina's already a fan. 
 We shopped and erranded and came home in the early afternoon.  Will had a playdate with a friend while Reina and I hung out and did chores. Okay, truthfully I napped on the sofa while Reina watched a Barbie movie.  Barbie and the Four Musketeers.  Not sure it's a faithful adaptation of Mr. Dumas' work, but girl power and all that.  And there's a fluffy kitten who plays a pivotal role. 

Once Will was home from his playdate, the kids and I tackled our big project for the weekend.  Their rooms.  We are getting new carpet in a few weeks and I thought it was a good opportunity to clean stuff up.  It's going to be an on-going project this weekend but we made some progress.  One giant trashbag, 3 bags for Goodwill and a box of toys for the basement (in the hopes that they are forgotten with the rush of the holidays and can find a happy new home in a few months).

Reina has a little closet built into the side of her wall and up until today it was a catch-all for leftover baby stuff, clothes that didn't fit and other odds and ends.  Well, no more.  I gave up on the idea of keeping the crib bumpers (why?) and other little tiny stuff and Reina worked hard to sort through stuff she didn't play with anymore.  When we were done, we have a new girls only hideout with most of her stuffed animals and enough little plastic houses to recreate a village the size of Manhattan. 
Look at that big kid! 
While trying out my new camera version 2.0, Reina grabbed it and took a few snaps.  Don't I look dreamy? 
No photoshopping here, I really am that fuzzy. 



No comments: