Sunday, November 30, 2014

Thanksgiving weekend recap

While driving home from the Christmas parade last night (Saturday), Glenn told me that he felt like we needed a few more extra days for our holiday weekend.  From my perspective, I'm actually a little relieved to go back to work tomorrow, where the pace will hopefully be slightly slower than it was at home this weekend.  We packed a lot into our holiday!  On Saturday, the kids and I continue to tackle the giant toy sinkhole known as their rooms.  We got it done and Glenn was amazed when he got back from hunting.  It's not often that I can surprise him (in a positive way) with my cleaning skills. 
 
Part of the reason for all of the cleaning in Will's room is that we decided to paint it before the new carpet arrives.  Earlier in the summer, he asked for a Broncos room and seriously, who am I to turn down that request?  While I originally envisioned blue and orange and stripes and a giant Broncos logo and all sorts of Broncos wonderfulness, over time (and a few yucky games), I toned it down to white on the top, blue on the bottom and an orange stripe through the middle.  Here's the 'before' picture.  Vicky and I painted that green a few months after we moved in. 
 
Glenn and I obviously care a lot about removing clutter and furniture before we paint.... it could've been so much worse.
 After a jampacked day full of church, Sunday School, trip to the paint store and three football games (Go Broncos!), I'm pleased to report that the only thing we have left is the orange stripe.  We hope to finish that tomorrow night and put the room back together.  Will's bunking on the floor of his sister's room tonight and not super excited about that.

As I mentioned earlier, last night we headed out to the Christmas parade.  In previous years, the Christmas parade has been something to "endure" rather than head out to because of the cold, COLD weather.  This year was almost balmy compared to previous years.  It did get a little chilly towards the end and certain members of the family ignored mom's advice about grabbing a hat and gloves ... but we had a nice time.   Bring on December! 



No comments: