Friday, November 14, 2014

Another one bites the dust

For the last few years, I've tried to blog every day in November as part of a national blogging movement thing.  And just like last year, I find myself blogging about sick kids during national blogging month.  Yesterday, I picked kiddos up from the after school program, came home, started dinner, Glenn and Will left for a wrestling camp (more on that later) and Reina threw up.  I thought because four days had passed since Will's "food poisoning" (which was obviously not food poisoning but just a stomach virus that seems to be racing through our town) that we were all in the clear.  Not so much.  Glenn and I still fine and I hope we stay that way.  We have a bunch of fun events planned for the weekend and none of them involve vomiting.  Fingers crossed!

Reina was sick all night, but true to form, woke up this morning, asked for some Sprite and cartoons and was jumping on the bed when I called home to check on her mid-morning.  Glenn and I took turns on Reina duty today, but we probably would've been better off hiring a lion tamer to come over and hang out.

When Will and Glenn came home from wrestling camp last night, Reina was using our barf bucket and Will walked over and patted her on the head and said "poor Reina."  He doesn't always let on that he kind of likes his little sister but that moment sure touched my heart.  In stark contrast to Reina's reaction on Monday morning when she found he was sick.  She came bursting into my room crying that she didn't want to see Bobo throw up because she doesn't like to hear about people barfing.  I guess we can cross ob/gyn or internal medicine off her list of potential professions. 


No comments: