Sunday, November 2, 2014

Running

I ran a half marathon yesterday.  I've lost track of how many half marathons I've run and I don't mean that in a braggy way, more of a the-years-have-blended-together-since-2009-and-I-really-can't-remember-which-one-is-which.  I know I ran my first half the summer after Reina was born and I've run at least one a year ever since.  In 2010 I did three which was a little insane.  I've done somewhere around 11 or 12 total.  So yesterday's race was one that I had run before but they changed the course this year so it was basically new.  After the Yellowstone half that Glenn and I ran in June (did I write about how much that one kicked my butt? Well, it did.) ended, I wasn't sure if I wanted to run another one this year.  My finish times had been steadily increasing with the past several races and well, that's not a good sign, nor is it helpful to one's ego.  But a good friend wanted to race it and Uncle Matt signed up, so Vicky and Baby Cousin would be there, and that's all the motivation I needed!  The weather was crisp and cool but not too cold. I borrowed Vicky's Ipod and jammed along to the craziest combination of songs I could imagine.  Each new song made me giggle but kept me going.  I finished with one of my better times, a good 20 minutes or so faster than this summer's race.  Yah!  My legs are tired today and a little sore but no permanent damage.  Also yah!  Now I can just get back to jogging with the dogs to make them not so crazy and to help me avoid the holiday pound accumulation. And I'm already thinking about signing up for another one in the summer. 

No comments: