Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Well, shoot.

So I missed yesterday's post but I'm determined to NOT let this NaBloPoMo thing go flying out the window.  I missed yesterday's post for basically good reasons.  1) I had actual work 'work' to do... big report that's hanging over my head and keeping me up at night.  2) I had to spend several minutes speculating with Glenn as to whether or not Will was coming down with the flu because a) we haven't taken him to get a flu shot yet and b) he was really droopy, lethargic and mildly feverish and 3) I really had to watch a tv show I like at 9:00 p.m. and 4) I've almost completely run out of things to blog about.  Truly, I don't know what else to write about this month and it's only the 14th.  I've covered Reina's impishness, Will's kindergartnerness, Glenn's glennness and dressed up the dogs in costumes.  Short of detailing my love for pumpkin oatmeal chocolate chip cookies, I'm not sure what else to write about. 

In the meantime, back to the influenza question.  I've been wanting to get the kids all flu shot-ted up but every time we've had some time one of them, or one of us, has been running a fever.  So it may or may not be too late.  Will actually seems to be feeling better tonight so we'll see.  I'm already so tired of this year's cold and flu season.

Tonight, Reina and I attended a literacy event at our local high school.  Will was supposed to come with me because it was designed for elementary aged school kids but he was still on the couch, so Reina came with me and pretended to be a kindergartner. She fit right in too.  She strutted around and did the activities and picked out her free book. She also posed with the cheerleaders and looked a little too natural waving around those pom-poms.  Not sure how I feel about that but we'll tackle that issue in a few more years. 

No comments: