Saturday, November 3, 2012

Saturdays

The last several Saturdays have been a blur of activity. Will has had football for the the last 6 Saturdays (except for the mornings it was raining or he was sick) plus we usually do a lot of chores, run errands, I jog, birthday parties, Glenn hunting, etc.  Long boring story short, it's been busy.  Today wasn't really any different regarding the amount of stuff we packed in, but it was definitely pretty fun.

1.  I ran a 10k race.  I was supposed to run another half marathon but the bronchitis from a few weeks ago scratched than off the list.  So I ran the 10k and surprisingly beat my time this summer by a minute.  Glenn and the kids were cheering me on at the finish and Will wanted to run across the finish line with me- I briefly (selfishly) thought "he might slow me down!" but then I remembered that I'm not making any money at this and grabbed his hand and pulled him along for the last few yards.

2.  After the race, we had brunch with my sister and bro-in-law.  He ran the half marathon and the kids had fun cheering "Go Uncle Matt" at the finish line. We had a great meal and I used the excuse that I ran for an hour to buy just about one of everything in the bakery attached to the restaurant.

3.  We dropped the kids off with the Pauley grandparents for a few hours and ran a couple of kid-free errands.  It was lovely.

4.  We came back to the grandparents house and watched most of the first half of the Wyoming game which was surprisingly entertaining. It was the annual Border War with CSU and both teams have had a forgettable season but the Pokes prevailed and in my mind, the season is somewhat salvaged by beating the sheep.  Will wore his UW shirt all day and clearly that helped affect the outcome of the game.

5.  Reina never napped and while she hung in there bravely for most of the afternoon, I eventually sent her over the edge by asking if she'd finished her yogurt and the resulting "but I'm not tiredddddddddd" wails meant it was time to head home.

Everyone is now fast asleep - even the "I'm not tired" one and I'm so excited that I might get an extra hour of sleep in the morning.  Okay, who am I kidding.  Realistically, the extra hour just gives us a slightly better chance to get to church on time tomorrow.  We'll see.

No comments: