Friday, November 2, 2012

Not Darth Vader but still scary

I'll post pictures of Halloween this weekend but I have to relate a quick Reina story for today's post.  Before we trick-or-treated in our neighborhood, I took the kids in the car for a few stops around town.  We saw Ninja Pop-pop at Aunt Vicky's house and then headed to a nearby neighborhood for a few stops at friends' houses.  At Heather's house, we stopped for a quick visit and the kids decided to ring the bell at the house next door. Now Heather's neighbors are pretty serious about Halloween.  The yard was decorated with tombstones, skeletons, and a giant inflatable headless-horseman-giant-carriage thing.  Even better, the neighbors answered the door in full costume,  she as Medusa and he as a guy turning to stone (gray makeup down one side of his face).  Cool costumes!  So Will and Jackson come bouncing back down the sidewalk but no Reina.  I give her a minute and then call out her name.  A little voice from the porch calls out "I can't!"  So I jog through the yard and find her on the porch, too scared to make it back through the yard and too scared to look at the friendly Medusa/stone people neighbors. They were super nice by the way, apologetically telling me, "we didn't mean to scare her!" Reina even got a full-sized candy bar!  So I picked her up and carried her back to the non-scary house on the block.  With all her attitude and bravado that we see on a daily basis, times like these remind me that she's still a 3-yr old who needs a little help getting back through a Halloween yard.

No comments: