Sunday, November 4, 2012

A bunch of Halloween pictures

If I'm going to be able to do this whole one-blog-post-a-day thing then I'm going to have to space it out. I could be wierd and post just one of these pictures a day for the next week but that feels like cheating.  So here's Halloween day and night in all of it's Oct 31 glory. 

First, we had a bit of a problem because Reina got to wear her costume to school but Will didn't.  I guess if was in charge of 24 5- and 6-yr olds, I wouldn't want costumes either! 
Meow!  Reina is sporting a new pair of ears from the party the previous Friday because the old pair never made it home from said party and Grandma and Grandpa Pauley had to help find a new set when I was stuck at home with sick Will.  They did well. 
So Will's party started at 8:30 a.m. and Reina's at 9:00 a.m. so Glenn and I went to school with Will and helped for a few minutes and then I dashed over to Reina's school for party #2.  Will's class work kicky little spider hats and feasted on a bunch of Halloween-themed goodies.  My favorite were pieces of ham rolled around a sliced dill pickle that looked like a finger.  Creepy and savory! 

Two shots of the spider hat because I love the gruesome face he drew.  I'll talk about Will's parent/teacher conference later this week but here's a preview.  Apparently he loves to draw and would draw all day if that met the curriculum guidelines. 
Okay, back at Montessori in time for the costume parade!  Reina with Dora, Merida and Broncos running back #27, Knowshon Moreno! 

Dora snacking on witches' brew which was a tasty combination of marshmallows, candy corn, m&m's, fritos, bugles, pretzels and a bunch of stuff that made me happy she was at school all day and not burning off that energy in our house. 
After work and after a very quick dinner, we put the costumes on, fixed the cat whiskers and headed out again. 

"Can't I just eat candy right now?"


As you can see, Reina was a little unsure of Ninja Pop-pop but Will was ready to battle. 

So now Halloween is over for another year.  We have the pictures, the memories and the costumes to remind us.  Oh, and the candy.  We have lots and lots of candy. 

No comments: