Saturday, November 10, 2012

Basketball

Sorry for the poor quality pictures but basketball practice was at 8:45 this morning and we barely got out of the house on time and the "we" didn't include my camera.  Today was the first day of basketball practice for both Will and Reina.  That's right, ladies and gentleman, Reina is playing a team sport.  She did really well.  There are only two girls on the team and the other one was too shy to really practice but Reina hung in there.  Her brother did go "help" her from time to time. 

Familiar with the saying, "There's no 'I' in team?"  Well there are plenty of I's in 3- and 4-yr old basketball.  Whichever basketball they touched first in practice, became their very own ball, to be parted with under only the most dire of circumstances.  So passing it to each other and drills were a bit difficult.  It was really fun to watch though.  Reina tried hard and even made a basket!  As we were getting ready this morning, she was running around without pants on (per usual) and I told her that she had to wear pants to basketball, plus it was only about 30 degrees outside. She paused for a moment and then told Glenn and I both that she'd had a note from the Basketball Girls and that Basketball Girls didn't need to wear pants.  It's hard not to giggle when she comes up with stuff like that and I'll worry later about how easy it is for her to ahem, embellish the truth.  As you can see, she wore pants.

I didn't get any decent pictures of Will's practice which took place after Reina's but suffice it to say that I spent the rest of the morning wondering how I'd look on tv when the camera pans around to me in the stands at the Nat'l Championship game, wearing my son's jersey, probably crying, and definitely cheering loudly when he sinks the winning free-throw.  Am I planning too far ahead?  Well, at the very least, he seems to really like basketball.  He played hard in practice, made a few baskets and most importantly, paid attention to the coach.  For now, that's all we need. 

No comments: