Thursday, November 15, 2012

Brave

I took Reina in for a blood draw today.  She's been running a low grade fever for a while now and the doctor just wanted to rule out any weird infections.  I had to take Reina to the lab at the hospital for the  work-up.  As we pulled up in the parking lot, Reina asked "is this Daddy's hospital?"  The events of last winter still linger with all of us.

So Reina had blood drawn when she was 2 before her tonsil surgery and she surprised everyone in the lab by not making a peep when the needle stuck her arm.  Well this time wasn't any different.  The technician told her that she didn't have to watch if she didn't want to but she politely told him "I want to watch you!" and that's exactly what she did.  I can't even watch it.

Afterwards, she picked out a toy.  She remembered that from last time, too.  On the way out, I told her that I was very proud of how brave she was and what a big girl she is.   But really Reina, can you please just be a little afraid of needles and things piercing your skin?  Just a tiny bit?   Please?

No comments: