Saturday, November 17, 2012

I could blog tonight but I think I'll take up knitting again instead

I am seriously running out of things to write about and I can't imagine that sentence is anymore exciting to read than it is to write.  We had a nice relatively normal Saturday.  The kids had basketball practice this morning.  Will's team scrimmaged with another 5-6 yr old team and it was chaos.  Pure and total chaos.  The game looks like some combination of football and basketball with a few soccer kicks thrown in.  There's also a lot of kids on the ground, inexplicably, and someone left the floor crying about every 5 minutes.  The coaches are just wanting them to work on the fundamentals like passing and shooting the basket.  Dribbling is apparently not a fundamental at this point because there's very little of it.  I spent most of the time giggling and trying to sound encouraging instead of screeching "Shoot the balllllll Will!"

After basketball, we wrapped elk meat (yep, it's that time of year) and put away laundry.  Exciting times around here!  Then we went to a birthday party at the same place that Reina had her birthday party this year.  The last place that Glenn was before his elbow started to hurt and the Great Big Giant Scary Thing of 2012 happened.  We joked about it at the party but I've been a little on edge today thinking about that weekend in February.  But I just asked him how he's feeling and the report is good. 

After the birthday party, Will and Aunt Vicky went on a date and Reina went home to nap. You can imagine how well that went over. Reina will get her date on a different day - the movie was a little too scary for the 3-yr old set. 

So back to the knitting topic.  I haven't knit much in the past year and I'm feeling the twitch to get the needles and yarn back out again.  I found a cute pattern for a cat hat (wonder who that's for?) and I'm going to go look through my giant pile of yarn in the guest room closet and see if I can find something that works.  Stay tuned. 

No comments: