Monday, March 30, 2020

Day 16

It's a Monday!  The weather update is that it was sunny but a little chilly and windy at times but that didn't stop the kids from playing hide and seek with each other (!!!) for a big chunk of the afternoon and video games side by side in the morning. As one of my co-workers remarked, forced family togetherness is still family togetherness.  Over the weekend, Glenn and the kids drew a four-square court in our driveway and much of our Sunday was spent playing.  We also got in a quick game after dinner tonight.  Most of the games end with someone storming off the court but it's pretty fun to have a game that we can all play.  Glenn is a lot more ruthless than I've ever seen him in any other game so some of the time it feels like a game that  is just being played between Glenn and his overly competitive son but we all have fun. 

Glenn and I both worked today.  Over the lunch hour, I picked up a load of groceries I'd ordered online yesterday.  It was nice to just pull into the parking lot and wait for someone to bring out our bags, even though I couldn't get everything on the list.  But it felt good to lessen the germ load in the store.  I did the same for a load of snacks and Easter candy (I just have to keep it hidden for another week and a half!) at Target so I'm done with errands for a while.

It's officially Spring Break so the kids don't have much school work to do this week.  Online learning will begin in earnest next Monday.  In an alternative world, we'd be in Austria right now.  But today's silver lining was definitely listen to my kiddos play hide and seek, I haven't heard that kind of giggling for a few years now. 


No comments: