Tuesday, March 3, 2020

Another month under our belts

How can February feel like the longest month and also simultaneously the shortest month?  I had big plans to blog every week and then our evenings were filled with sports and feeding people.  Then I told Glenn to count the sewing machine I'd already bought myself as my Valentine's present and I found yet another way to not write. Side note, I've been making reusable gift bags which involve little technical skill, thank goodness, but they look cute and I'm having fun putting them together. 

So that's our February.  Will finished up his basketball season on Saturday. His team lost in the championship.  Unfortunately, Will dislocated the pinky finger on his shooting hand a few days prior and while he's on the mend, he couldn't play on Saturday.  I'm not sure who was more disappointed (me or him, probably him) but he has a baseball season to think about and needs to be all healed up.  He had a great basketball season and it was so fun seeing how much he improved as the season went on.  He's also staying busy with 7th grade homework and confirmation at church.  He's figuring out the grind of homework and maintaining good grades even though his mom still knows that HE COULD BE DOING EVEN BETTER. 

Reina has battled just about every bug or virus that has come through Cheyenne in February.  She had a trip to the doctor on Friday to rule out strep and influenza, both were negative and she's back on her feet this week.  We're all practicing extra hand-washing and avoiding germs where we can.  Reina's been busy with dance and piano and added volleyball to her schedule last week.  She joined the school's team and is more excited about it than even she expected.  She has two parents who are willing to practice with her in the front yard when the wind isn't howling.  She's also a voracious reader.  Before we left the school's annual book fair on Thursday evening because of her rising fever, Reina talked me into 4 books plus a few more for her cousin and brother.

Glenn and I are pushing through these winter months.  We both have a little travel in March but nothing extensive.  We're starting to have those days when the wind stops and the sun is out and you can imagine that Spring is somewhere around the corner.  We are playing co-ed volleyball on a team once a week and it's a lot of fun.  Glenn's competitiveness laid dormant for years when we were dating and first married.  Between kid sports and our own games, Glenn is not a fan of losing.  But we have fun and he doesn't mind when I coach him on the court... coach, bark orders, tell him to hit the ball harder...

The best part of February ending is that my sister is done with her chemo.  How's that for good news to wrap up a post?  Works for me. 

No comments: