Wednesday, April 1, 2020

Day 18

Last night as I was drifting off to sleep, I realized that I forgot to blog about Day 17.  I was too comfy to get up and write something real quick, so just assume that Day 17 was uneventful.  Kids were chill, weather was nice, we walked the dogs, we played four-square, we worked.  It was a Tuesday.  Day 18 was good, too.  The weather is changing ahead of a couple of inches of snow forecasted for tomorrow.  Reina and I took the dogs for a chilly walk in the field and we played a short game of four- square when we got home.  Will and I had old football and baseball games on the tv and Reina has been redesigning dress-up clothes in between screen time. 

Reina's school had a parade today with all of the teachers driving around the neighborhood.  It was so fun to see familiar faces and we waved and cheered.  It was a nice break from our regular Wednesday. 

We decided to do takeout for dinner tonight and Glenn chose Panera.  He and drove across town together and sat in the car for a few minutes while we waited for them to bring it out.  That's what passes for a date these days. 

Today's silver lining was watching the dogs race around the prairie in the chilly wind and knowing that they are just happy that we have time to do stuff like that on a Wednesday night. 

Wyoming has something like 139 cases tonight.  No deaths.  I'm off to make more masks.  I don't want it to sound martyr-ish because I'm really having fun making them.  My sewing machine skills are slowly improving and I've bought enough cutting tools and one of those boards to cut on and this thing that makes binding easier and fabric, fabric, fabric that I'm probably going to have to make a quilt when this is all done. 

No comments: