Monday, March 16, 2020

Day 2

We all made it through the first day of no school, well homeschooling, well more like barely contained chaos with lots of electronic time.  I worked in the morning, Glenn is still under the weather so he stayed home. I came home after lunch to make sure things weren't dissolving into full-blown anarchy.  It was a slightly warm, sunny day so Reina and I took the dogs to the big field for a run.  Charlie (more on him later) found a dead vole and raced around with it until I could pry it out of his mouth.  So Reina had a little bit of a science lesson.  She and also looked at the teepee ring that's still on the prairie, so we added in some history too.  Back at home, Reina dove into math games online and Will grudgingly stopped shooting baskets to work on a spanish website I signed him up for.  Glenn hung up some elk antlers (just what this house needed!) and moved some artwork around.  Reina made a shamrock for the front door, Will shot more baskets and read everything he could find about the first day of NFL free agency.  That counts as reading, right?  

Glenn was worried that there might be a run on dog food, so I headed out after dinner only to find out that the dog food store closed at 6:00 p.m.  I opted for an online order instead but I zipped into Target which was next door.  I grabbed some dog biscuits and a few other essentials - well mostly Easter candy because who knows when I'll go to Target again and even though Easter is almost a month away, we have to have our stash ready.  Walking around Target didn't help my nervousness, it's so strange to see empty shelves where the kids' ibuprofen and cold medicines usually are, plus the tissue, cleaners, paper towels and toilet paper are long gone.  Even the dog food aisle looked a little bare.  I know we are fully stocked here but it's hard not to get caught up in the frenzy.  

Off to bed without reading anymore news, tweets or alerts, just a concerted effort to be thankful for all of this extra time with my favorite monsters.  

No comments: