Friday, March 20, 2020

Day 6

Some good news today!  I'm officially working from home so we are all able to stay close and flatten that dang curve.  It snowed most of the day and it was pretty chilly so we found ways to stay busy inside.  Will and Reina are adapting to the homeschool rules and Glenn and I were able to get a good day of work in. Dinner was on the table by 5:48 which would never happen on a regular Friday night so that's something.  Reina and I made a chicken pasta thing for dinner and we are planning to bake  tomorrow.  We are trying new recipes from a new baking cookbook I bought a few months ago and Reina is really getting into it.  Maybe we'll have another baker in the house when this is all done.  Luckily I bought a bunch of flour weeks ago when I started to think about stocking up on supplies. 

Some moments of levity today.  Reina and I had a dance party while making dinner.  Will and I tried to play catch with a ball without bending our elbows.  It's harder than it looks.  Glenn and I worked side by side for a while and then one of the cats made a guest appearance on a work video conference. 

It feels strange to have a weekend ahead of us with no plans to leave the house.  No baseball practice, no church, no visit to the movies and no playdates with our baby cousins.  Its really hard to stay away from Vicky and her family but we have to help keep them healthy.  The sun should be coming out so we will get the dogs out for some walks, practice baseball in the backyard and I need to clean out a few closets.  We will keep hanging in there. 

No comments: