Tuesday, March 17, 2020

Day 3

A shorter update today because I'm tired!  Glenn stayed home again but he is feeling better and is heading back to work tomorrow.  I worked in the morning and then came home this afternoon.  We had a chilly but sunny afternoon so Reina and I walked the dogs and looked at all of the shamrocks in the windows.  A post on FB suggested that everyone put up a shamrock so that kiddos could look for them while they are all home from school.  It was a nice show of solidarity, too.  We're all home and doing what we can to keep those little brains busy! 

Since it was so sunny this afternoon, I took Will for a little driving practice on a dirt road not too far from our house.  For all the grandparents reading this blog, the dirt road is almost devoid of other vehicles and mostly just straight lines so it's a great place to practice.  He was slightly hesitant to go, mostly because he wanted to play videogames but once we got out there, he was enthusiastic.  We were only out for a few minutes but no vehicles were harmed and my blood pressure stayed within acceptable limits. 

Back home, Reina and I toured a little bit of the Louvre online and looked at Egyptian stuff.  Will practiced some Spanish, we cooked dinner and then Reina and I tackled whole wheat snickerdoodles.  Stay tuned for the review on those tomorrow.  With all of us being home for three meals a day, it's truly amazing how many glasses this family goes through. 

Wyoming had more positive Covid-19 cases today, I believe we are up to 15.  State offices are still open but we assume we'll be getting direction to telework soon.  I worry about the impact on our small businesses and restaurants but I also feel strange doing so much to keep the kids isolated, only to go into an office myself everyday.  Luckily, we can spread out and we are all making a concerted effort to keep everything clean. 

So that's day 3.  We're keeping our spirits up and the pets are delighted to have everyone home. 

No comments: