Friday, March 27, 2020

Day 13

It's hard to believe that it's only been a week since I started working from home.  I have a video chat with my co-workers twice a day so I don't feel completely isolated from everyone but in some ways, it feels like months since I was sitting in my office.

We've had snow most of the afternoon today so it's back to winter-y weather. I made a quick trip to the office today to grab some material and Glenn came with me and sat in the car, just to get a change of scenery for a few minutes.  Over the lunch hour, Will and I walked the dogs and it was fun to chat with a 13-yr old for a little while.  Kids did homework this afternoon and both Glenn and I worked a full day. 

The Governor announced today that schools will remain closed until at least April 17 so we've added a few more days to the quarantine schedule. It's not a surprise because Wyoming has 70 cases now but still no fatalities.  Our county has 15 of those cases.  We have no plans to be out in public this weekend.  Between the snow and church closure and my incessant online shopping, we are fine at home. 

I have beef bourguignon (I had to google how to spell that) cooking in the oven.  It's Julia Child's recipe but I've substituted moose for the beef and we don't have any fresh mushrooms or pearl onions but it smells delicious.  On a normal Friday night, we'd probably be eating takeout tacos, so there's my silver lining for the day. 

No comments: