Friday, November 1, 2013

1st day of November

Its the first day of November and therefore it's NaBloPoMo when I'll try to blog every day for a month.  Last year I made it to November 22, this year I'll go for the 23rd at least.  Or maybe the whole month - who knows! 

My first post of November is naturally a picture from the last day of October.  We had one of those typical Wyoming Halloweens.  The temperature wasn't too bad but the wind was howling and therefore it was cold.  Will attempted a few houses without his jacket (in spite of my warnings) but he was back pretty quickly to add another layer to his costume.  Reina's sunflower head acted as a sail and almost lifted her off of her feet a few times.  Next year we'll design costumes that look nice over snowsuits. 

I posted this picture on Facebook with the following caption:  Obi Wan Kenobe and his lesser known sidekick, Sunflower Girl.  Bring peace to the galaxy and a trail of glitter wherever she goes." 

After a few blocks around the neighborhood, Glenn and the kids came home and I drove Will and Reina to a few more houses - our friends who hand out full-sized candy bars (for the mommy!) and a stop at Will's teacher's house.  We have a bucket and a half of candy leftover but everyone had a fun night.  Happy Halloween!  

No comments: