Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Candy Land and other mishaps from Day 5

A rare sighting of the Bronco Baby Mom but only to show off my healing shingles.

So I missed Day 5 of this whole blogging thing.  I intended to log in and write something but my head was hurting and Glenn told me to go to bed even thought it was only 9:20 and then I took some shingles medicine that would supposedly make me drowsy and it did and then it was this morning.  So there you go.  Worst run-on sentence ever.  But, I'm feeling much better today and the medicine is working its magic. 

Last night before my head started pounding (or maybe it started pounding because of it?) I introduced the kids to Candyland.  They were having a fine old time until Will drew one of the cards that sends you back to the beginning of the game.  He promptly threw down his card, screamed and ran out of the room.  Since my former claim to fame was crying during all of the Broncos' Super Bowl appearances (win or lose), I don't know that I have much to teach my children about not taking things like games and sports seriously.  After a minute, I called him back to the game, helped him calm down (I actually said out loud, "Honey, it's just a game") and we finished the Candyland match in good spirits.  Reina actually won that round but she surprisingly didn't make a big fuss about it.  I come from a long line of hyper competitive people so it's fun to see that spirit carried along to the next generation, even if board games end in tears and screeching. 

No comments: