Saturday, November 16, 2013

Basketball boy

Since I wasn't fast enough to get any basketball pictures of Will last week, I planned ahead this week and took pictures of Will during Reina's game.  Here's my first shot. 
Hey Will, show me your basketball face! 
And then after some pleading, cajoling and finally "Just turn around already!" I got this pose.  It's his crazy basketball face! 
For the record, those two top teeth are hanging in his mouth by a thread.  An ever so tiny thread.  The tooth on the right is so loose that's actually sitting in there at an angle and it gives me the heebie-jeebies every time I look at it.  We offered Will all sorts of incentives* to yank that tooth out this afternoon but he wouldn't budge.  *Cash, a new game on the Ipad, more cash.
Will stayed home from school again yesterday but his fever was down and his stomach was feeling better.  He was pretty tired and still needs a little bit of rest.  This morning, he played basketball and scored one basket.  His coach said he did a great job coming off of the injured reserve.  I could tell he had a little less energy than the week before but he sure tried hard.  Knock on wood, we are done with stomach flu for 2013. 

2 comments:

Beth Hoobler said...

Offer candy! Hard candy like runts. Not only is it a fair bribe but it helps in getting the teeth out!

Lucy said...

Good idea! I'll keep that in mind next time. Maybe some saltwater taffy would've pulled that thing right out? Shudder.