Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Sportsmens' banquets and dinner dates

Last weekend we attended a fundraiser for a local sportsman's conservation group. It was a family-friendly event so we all made an evening out of it.  There were activities for the kids and silent auctions and raffles for the grown-ups. I continued my streak of winning things that I don't need but that other people like (a welder, a gun and now a fly rod).  We had a nice time even though at one point, we had to have a five minute conversation about whether our meal was a piece of fish or chicken (it was chicken).
It's Hunting Girl!  She looks concerned because she was mad that she didn't have enough prizes yet but it was early.  This girl has grown about 3 inches in the last few months and all of her dresses are now micro-minis.  Time to go shopping! 
This is the face I get when I ask Will to smile for the camera these days.  Sigh.  First-graders. 
Last night, Will and I had dinner at a local fast-food restaurant (actually my favorite fast-food restaurant) because it was Spirit Night for his school and each class has a competition to see who can collect the most receipts.  It was a tough sacrifice but I had to do it.  It's for the kids!  Reina was spending the night with the grandparents and Glenn was eating a healthy meal so it was just the two of us.  Afterwards we walked around for a few minutes and talked about Christmas.  I still can't believe it's time for that.  Bring on December!  
My toothless dinner date
 

No comments: