Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Snowy football

This crazy month is coming to an end and I'm trying to get all of the pictures off of my camera and on to the computer.  A few weeks ago, Will had his last football game on a snowy, wet Saturday morning.  The temperature wasn't too bad but the field was really wet.  Reina didn't mind. She cheered on Will's team in the company of her previously shunned Cabbage Patch doll.  This is the doll that she took one look at on Christmas morning and informed me that I could have it - after I said "Oh wow!  I had one of those when I was a little girl."  Poor Cabbage Patch had been exiled to the high shelf in her room and Reina tried to get me to sell it at this summer's garage sale.  For some reason (probably because 4-yr olds are weird), the Cabbage Patch is back in her good graces and is now played with and shoeless and in a happy pile of 'stuff' in the middle of Reina's room. 

Not many people are this happy to be up early-ish on a Saturday morning and sitting in the snow. 

The wet field.  Will's shoes were soaked after the game and while I had snacks and a blanket and chairs, I didn't bring dry socks or shoes.  Lesson learned. 
Will had a great football season.  He seems to genuinely like football and learned a lot this year.  He scored several touchdowns, pulled a few flags, tried hard and smiled a lot.  We are really proud of him. 
Will and his coach and his football medal. 
After the football game, we drove a few miles south and met the Pauley grandparents at a pumpkin patch.  The only picture I managed to get was one of the kids and the little playground on the farm.  No pictures of pumpkin searching and hay bale climbing or chicken feeding or sitting with grandparents, just a little teeter-totter and a happy brother and sister. 

No comments: