Sunday, November 10, 2013

We Interrupt this Blog to Bring You a Post about The Stomach Flu

The Bronco Baby Mom is stinking, stinking tired.  What started off as a quiet night (Glenn was hunting) evolved into a (for lack of a better word) Giant Vomit Fest starring one Reina Pauley.  I'll spare you the gory details but I have to say that this kid is a trooper. I was dozing on the couch trying to stay up for a late football game when I heard her calling for me at about 10:30 p.m.  I went upstairs to find her quietly sitting in the bathroom with a bunch of that that-shall-not-be-named on the floor around her.  No crying, no drama, just a very pale face and a quiet "I'm sorry Mommy" that nearly broke my heart.  I cleaned her up, cleaned up the floor and brought her downstairs for what I was hoping would be a quiet night. I had given her some Tylenol at bed because she said her head hurt and I thought that maybe the you-know-what was caused by a tummy sensitive to the pain medicine.  Well, no such luck.  She was a regular you-know-what machine last night, on the hour, on the half hour.  Sometimes taking a break for more than an hour but then making up for it during the next hour.  To add to the horror of this story, I had already taken my shingles medicine that makes me super tired and kind of wonky so for a few of the episodes, I woke up to see her bravely using The Bucket (seriously, a real bucket.  From the garage) and then laying back down by herself.  Mother of the Year!  What's so amazing is that she never cried, she always said that she felt better and she didn't think she would barf again and that she just wanted to lay down for a while.  A very, very stoic 4-yr old.  She's perked up throughout the day and seems to be feeling much better now. Thankfully no one else shows any signs of joining the GVF tonight.  Fingers crossed! 

No comments: