Thursday, April 9, 2020

Day 26

It's a Thursday!  Today was a nice day.  Glenn and I both made quick trips to the office. We were both busy with work projects and the kids had more school to do than the day before.  Will had a big Spanish assignment on the vocab for breakfast foods.  He had to fill out a worksheet about what he likes to eat for breakfast, when he likes to eat breakfast, who he likes to eat breakfast with... I was sitting by him and he grumbled, "why does my teacher need to know this, is she stalking me?"  We both cracked up thinking about waking up tomorrow morning to a breakfast basket on our front porch with all of Will's favorite items, tocino, huevos and jugo de naranja.  Reina tackled math with more enthusiasm and less screaming than yesterday so that was a nice change of pace.  She also spent most of the afternoon outside in the backyard with a game that involved a sword, the garden hoe, leaves and stems from the garden and the chickens.  I know she misses her friends and playing at recess but I was proud of her for letting her imagination keep her entertained for a while.

Not much else to report today.  I listened to the Maundy Thursday service while I was making dinner.  Glenn and I took the dogs on a walk after dinner and talked about how hard everything is right now, but that there are definitely moments to hold on to, like the fact that we can go for a walk on a pretty Spring evening and not be driving kids all over town or working late or all of the other things that take up our time.  So there's my silver lining for today.  An after-dinner walk before the snow hits. 

No comments: