Friday, April 24, 2020

Day 41

Today marks the end of the 5th week since I've been working from home and 6 weeks since the kids were in school.  Wow - it some ways it feels a lot longer than that but other times it feels like the blink of an eye.  We've had a slightly better week.  The kids are figuring out how to manage their work time (for the most time) and the weather was nice enough to get outside.  Glenn and I both had a lot on our plate work-wise but we've been productive.  I finished up a two week workshop that I was co-teaching via Zoom and it wrapped up this afternoon.  It was fun interacting with people every day but I won't miss having to mute my microphone every time someone walked by the house and the dogs lost their ever-loving minds. 

Speaking of pets, Glenn accidentally left the back door open after letting the dogs out for their bathroom break in the morning.  Both cats quickly discovered this oversight and made a break for freedom while the rest of us were getting out of bed.  By the time we noticed the back door, they'd probably been outside for 15 minutes.  I figured they'd come back when they were ready but it was chilly this morning and we had some rain last night.  I looked at the front door and they were both sitting by the window screaming to come in, with muddy paws and wet legs.  They've slept most of the day.  I guess a cold, wet adventure sure takes it out of you. 

We are headed into the weekend.  It is supposed to be sunny and gorgeous so I'm looking forward to some yardwork and Vitamin D.  Happy Friday!

No comments: