Friday, April 3, 2020

Day 20

Today was a better day.  Whether it was the sunshine (but cold air!) or just a Friday feel in general, the world seemed easier to bear today.  I took the afternoon off to make masks and jam and hang out with the kids. Only one and a half of those things actually happened.  I made a start on some masks and Reina and I took the dogs for a long walk.  Jam making is planned for Saturday.   I also left the house for a trip to the office and then grocery store and Target pickups.  I even went through the drive through at McDonald's and had a sprite and burger in silence (don't tell the kids.  Or Glenn.) 

Tonight Glenn and I teamed up to make dinner.  Glenn roasted some artichokes and they were pretty tasty.  We also had salmon and rice.  This is what this blog is coming to, a detailed reporting of our dinners.  Pictures next?

We got an email from Will's school and his studies start in earnest on Monday. I talked to the kids about having to devote more time to schoolwork and they were surprisingly amenable to the idea. I think even they are craving some normalcy.... as normal as mom teaching you math can be.  I think the person suffering the most from all of this quarantining is our Reina.  On our walks, she talks and talks and talks.  I think she misses friends to talk to during the day.  Here's my silver lining for the day, my knowledge of cool dances and topics of interest to 5th graders is soaring. 

We are back to our staying-at-home-as-much-as-possible routine this weekend.  Wyoming has something like 166 cases tonight, no deaths still. It's supposed to be 63 degrees on Sunday.  Bring it on.

No comments: