Thursday, April 2, 2020

Day 19

Not gonna lie, this was a rougher day folks.  I can't really pinpoint anything specific.  Glenn and I worked a bunch - he even headed to the office for a while.  The kids were pretty good at keeping themselves entertained.  The temperature was really chilly, it was only 11 when I woke up this morning, and it spit snow on and off all day.  By 5:00, I was done with all of it. I had a quick little pity party, Glenn offered to make dinner so I took the dogs for a brisk walk. I think I just needed a little dose of Vitamin D.  I came home refreshed and I'm ready to tackle the rest of the week.

Today, Reina made some pumpkin bread almost completely by herself.  She's really getting the hang of baking and other than a few corrections like 'tablespoon or teaspoon' and baking soda vs baking powder, she's doing great.  Will's daily Madden games are my sports fix for the day and sometimes he doesn't let me watch in case I jinx the outcome. 

It's hard to think that tomorrow is two weeks since I started working from home and Monday will be three weeks since the kids went to school.  It sounds like we are all in this for the long haul.  For today's silver lining, I'll be thankful for how my kiddos are adjusting and know that we can get through this, however long it takes.

No comments: