Monday, April 13, 2020

Day 30

Thirty!  Day 30 was actually a pretty good day!  The kids did their school work with less histrionics than last Monday.  Okay fine, they did briefly spend some time in their rooms "cooling off" and "thinking about how they want to treat each other and their mother for the rest of the week" but it was short-lived.   They even played together (on electronics but in the same game!) for a little while this afternoon so that was nice.  Reina is starting to really figure out mixed fractions and I'm thinking back to all those years I thought I'd never need to remember anything about fractions besides how many teaspoons equal a tablespoon and yet here we are.  I'm finally needing to understand fractions again so that I can argue with a fifth grader. On the jr high side of things, Will had to write his observations about a poem today and that was about as painful as you can imagine it being for a 13-yr old to write about observations and (gasp) feelings.  But he got it done! 

Glenn and I both had busy work days, that seems to be the theme for Mondays lately.  The weather was chillier than necessary.  Glenn mentioned a few times that it shouldn't be 20 degrees in April but Wyoming just giggled.  We have several inches of snow forecasted for later in the week so I'll try to enjoy dry sidewalks for as long as I can. 

Tonight we had leftovers and Easter candy for dinner.  I worked on more masks.  We watched Antiques Roadshow and someone had a $3000- $5000 Audobon print sitting in their closet because it didn't match their decor.  Eye roll. 

On a sad note, Wyoming announced its first COVID death today.  Stay safe out there. 

No comments: