Sunday, November 1, 2015

The Day After Halloween

I'm sitting here on the sofa watching Broncos highlights (Broncos beat the Packers 29-10) while Baby Cousin snoozes on the couch.  Her mom and dad are driving back from the Broncos game. I think she had a fun afternoon/evening hanging with the cousins and our crazy household.  Her presence requires me to tone down my tv yelling and Broncos cheering, but I'll do it for her.  I'm sure Will, Reina and Coco appreciate it too.  More on Baby Cousin in later NaBloPoMo posts.  I have to stretch this one post a day for the month of November thing out a little bit.

So yesterday was Halloween.  Unlike previous October 31 in Wyoming days, this one was relatively mild.  The kids had their last soccer games in the morning, followed by a soccer pizza party.  In the afternoon, Glenn and I jogged in a crazy headwind and got enough of a workout to justify all of the Halloween candy later, although that was just me and I probably should still be jogging right now, 24+ hours later to justify all of my intake.  But anyway, back to Halloween.  We had some friends come over for chili before trick-or-treating. The kiddos climbed into their costumes and this year's weather meant we didn't have to put snowsuits on underneath.  Reina headed out the door with the friends for trick-or-treating and Will went with another friend.  I stayed home and handed out candy.  We had quite a view visitors this year.  Coco was a little nervous with all of the doorbell ringing but she eventually came out of hiding to watch the door. 

So pictures of costumes tomorrow.  They didn't look too different from the carnival a few weeks ago although Reina did get new boots and decided that free flowing hair was a better look for her than braids.  What else is new. 

No comments: