Friday, October 30, 2015

National Cat Day (yesterday)

On November 1, I'm going to try the whole blog every day for a month thing, so you'll have to wait a few days for a proper update. In the meantime, yesterday was National Cat Day (it's a thing!) so let's talk about Coco. I know, she's hardly ever mentioned on this blog...

In honor of National Cat Day, yesterday morning Coco fished Glenn's sandwich out of his lunch box (which was sitting on the floor) and carefully carried it upstairs and headed for underneath our bed where I assume she was going to enjoy a nice snack.  After I took her picture, I used my mean voice which slowed her in her tracks long enough for me to grab her and the sandwich.  Glenn's lunch had tiny teeth marks in it but he still took it to work and Coco had to dine on boring old cat food. 

Coco is a force of nature around here.  In typical kitten fashion, everything is a toy and just about everything is fascinating.  She sleeps most of the day so when we are home, it's play time.  The dogs will wrestle with her and play chase but not as frequently as she would like.  Coco is still fascinated with the tub and shower.  She finally fell in the tub on Wednesday night, during Reina's bathtime. Coco had been sitting in the bathroom and when she jumped up on the ledge of the tub, she slipped and immediately fell in, fully submerged and came up dog paddling (cat paddling?).  I happened to be in there at when the cat swimming event occurred so I scooped her out and then annoyed her by drying her off, as opposed to letting her race around the house leaving wet cat-ness trailing behind her.  
Hey Glenn, let me help you carve pumpkins.  I'm quite talented. 

Hey lady, it's dinner time, or breakfast, or lunch, or snack.  Whatever you want to call it, just feed me. 

Yah Lucy, fill up her bowl with those little tiny crunchy things that I love to inhale when no humans are paying attention. 

Snuggle time.  Sort of.  Some of the snuggle participants are happy to be there, other's are going to jump off the couch the minute I say "it's okay." 
Coco, we are glad you found us, because I'm pretty sure that's how it worked. 

No comments: