Wednesday, May 13, 2020

Day 60

Today's post is authored by our very own Reina.


Charlie, Charlie, Charlie do you really have to steal mommy from me? I mean I know you are young but you stay by her WAY TO MUCH! Sometimes I need some me and mommy time. So back off! To bad Charlie will never read this because dogs can't read, right? I hope so Charlie would go crazy if he read this. But lets talk about something besides Charlie like I got bangs! I think it was last week, but man I am rocking them. I am starting to go crazy, I think "Mom do you think I'm crazy?" I asked her, she said stuff about me doing good in quarantine. But she hasn't seen the part of me I'm hiding. I have been feeling pretty good lately.  I have been adjusting to being home and I'm avoiding thinking about coronavirus.  I really enjoy the days we get fast food - like today!  I miss my friends the most, going swimming and playing games at recess.  But I'm doing okay.

Back to Lucy's report.  Both kids are doing pretty well this week. They are getting homework done in the morning and then having the afternoons for free time.  Our neighbor's granddaughter is next door a few times a week and Reina likes to hang out with her outside.  Will had his first baseball practice tonight (limited number of kids, social distancing on the field, etc.) but he enjoyed it. I went for a walk while he was practicing and it was fun to be in a new part of town. 

Reina is right about Charlie and his attachment.  Last night I had a very vivid dream where we were fostering a baby bear.  He had to be carried around in a baby bjorn all day and bottlefed.  He was heavy and rambunctious and I was relieved when I woke up, only to have Glenn tell me that I was clearly dreaming about the dog. 

Coco snuck outside today but made the mistake of jumping back on the ledge right outside of our front window.  Charlie saw her and started barking so I went outside and brought her back in.  She hissed at Charlie as I carried her past and I'm pretty sure she was thinking "no one likes a narc -  dog."

I got an email from the library that they are experimenting with curbside book pick-up and they asked if I wanted to try out the service.  Yes please!  I'm picking up my books tomorrow.   Yahoo! 

No comments: