Wednesday, November 30, 2016

What we've been up to - November edition

So much for my plan to post once a day in November.  Life has been hectic and there's the added twist that the Bronco Babies can read and use the computer and like to read the blog.  So no more Christmas spoilers or stories about brother/sister wrestling matches (oops - sorry Will!).  I have a bunch of Thanksgiving pictures to upload but my camera and camera cord are a few rooms away and I'm tired.  

We had a break from sports in November but basketball season for both kiddos starts next week. Reina is working on a school project where she has to write a week's worth of diary entries as a Pilgrim on the Mayflower.  Her version includes a cat (naturally) and specific emphasis on the fact that kids drank beer on the ship.  She's also requesting I make her a Pilgrim-era doll and a bonnet for her presentation on Monday. I'd better get cracking.  

Will's project this week is to write a timeline about his life so far. I plan on highlighting the whole project in a future blog post (with the author's permission of course).  It's been very entertaining to hear him talk about each year of his life and I'm delighted that he's been using our family blog as a reference material.  Plus, there are some cute photos that will make an appearance in Will's presentation that I've enjoyed looking through again.  Will decided to make a powerpoint and was surprised that I could help him get it started.  I am well versed in all things ppt thanks to my job and it's been fun helping him.  Will's also working on a mountain man/Wyoming history project but that'll be a topic for a future post too.  

Glenn and I are getting ready for the holidays, slowly but surely.  Glenn put up the Christmas lights this weekend, we are picking up a tree tomorrow (Coco will be so excited) and a bunch of the shopping is already done.  Bring on December!  

No comments: