Friday, November 18, 2016

What we're up to, pets edition

Enough about the Broncos Babies, let's talk about the pets!  I started this post to talk about Coco watching videos especially designed for cats but then I saw a chicken picture on my phone and then I felt guilty about the dogs and included them too.  So here's the rundown on the Pauley Pets. 

Our chicken girls are doing pretty well.  Today was their first taste of winter and they were a little unsure about the snow.  I don't think they like getting their feet wet so they stuck to the parts of the yard that have already melted.  All three girls are pretty friendly now, especially if you come outside with a snack or the treat bag.  A few weeks ago, I stepped outside with a Pringle in one hand to ask Glenn a question, Dolly (the blonde one) came running over to me and jumped up and grabbed my Pringle.  Snack food preferences aside, all three are laying eggs and we are getting between 0 and 3 eggs a day.  It's still pretty exciting. 

Lolly, Ren and Dolly.  Also known as my little chicken girls.
 Earlier today, I read an article that mentioned youtube videos designed especially for cats.  Last week, Coco watched part of a PBS show about cats (naturally) so of course I had to find the youtube videos.  She watched this one for almost twenty minutes and only stopped when she jumped on the keyboard and stopped the video. 
Here birdie, birdie, birdie
Let's not forget the dynamic duo of T&T. Tootsie and Trigger aren't slowing down much.  They still like to jog every day, sometimes twice a day if Glenn and I are on different schedules.  They love sleeping on the new couches which is a fight that I decided wasn't worth having. Luckily we have a good vacuum. They've both adjusted to the chickens.  In fact most days, the chickens are the queens of the backyard.  Both dogs have been pecked and usually keep a wide berth around the little chicken girls, unless they are eating something that Trigger finds interesting. 
Don't bother getting up guys.
Reina keeps making noises about wanting another fish for Christmas.  Coco is a big fan of that idea but the Bronco Babies Mom is feeling like the pet situation is pretty full up right now.  We are good. 

No comments: