Saturday, November 5, 2016

Turkey Trot

Today we all four of us ran a local race benefiting the homeless shelter.  Reina ran a 2k and the rest of us ran a 5k.  It was Will's first 5k try and spoiler alert, he did great.  Everyone did great!  Glenn won second place in his age group, Reina ran further than she has before, Will beat me by about 2 minutes and I finished the race faster than I thought I would.  Winners all around!  The only losers were Trigger and Tootsie who didn't get to run this one.  Next year, dogs.    

Reina pink cheeked after her speedy 2k.  I planned to jog along with her but she started off so fast, I didn't catch her until she was almost halfway done.  She's a natural.  

Will and I post-run.  I was so impressed with this kid.  He found a friend and they ran most of the race together.  I thought I might need to help encourage him at the end but I didn't see him until I crossed the finish line.  

And then there's this guy.  He hadn't run a 5k in a little while and he wasn't sure how he'd do.  I think second in his age group is a pretty respectable showing.  

No comments: