Sunday, November 13, 2016

Sunday

I'm having trouble coming up with something to blog about everyday in November and it's not because nothing is going on around here.  We are in a break from kid sports seasons but Reina is still doing ballet, swimming and piano.  Will is trying out 4-H before the shooting sports season starts after the holidays.  Glenn is still knee deep in hunting season.  I'm playing volleyball and joined a new exercise class that is making me stupidly sore.  Most of us are all in with UW and Broncos football and everything else that's going on this time of year.  Yesterday, the kids had three birthday parties to attend and Glenn and I squeezed in a solo lunch to celebrate our 11th anniversary.  11!  

It was a nice weekend.  We continue to have unseasonably warm weather and frankly, we wouldn't mind a little moisture which is hopefully headed our way later in the week.  Our big Sunday project was to make burger out of the meat that Glenn has brought home this fall.  It's a big undertaking - between the prep and the actual work and the clean-up, it takes up most of our day.  I've been helping Glenn since the fall of 2004.  Every year, I write on the packages the type of animal, the cut of meat and the year.  This year, I had a little helper.  
'16  Elk.  Burger  Sometimes Buger or Bunger.  Writing carefully and proudly by my second-grader.  I love the punctuation after elk.  Elk.   
Some of us didn't participate in the meat wrapping assembly line but had equally important tasks to complete.   
A boy and a cat who chooses to be snuggled at a convenient time.  

No comments: