Wednesday, May 1, 2013

This is turning into a weather blog

It's the first day of May and for the fourth week, we have had another snowstorm.  This one dropped between 10 and 13 inches, depending on which website you looked at.  Early this morning, I measured 10 inches in our yard but it kept snowing.  This was the view out of our front door.  Everything looked like it had been frosted.  That's the Positive Lucy talking. 

 
The other version of Lucy woke up at 5:00 a.m. to the sound of the phone ringing and thought, "Man, that alarm clock is loud."  Before he even answered the phone, Glenn said, "School's cancelled" and in my head (and maybe even out loud) I said "nooooooo!!"

I went out early-ish and tried to shovel which was an incredible exercise in futility because (a) it was still snowing, (b) NO ONE was outside and (c) the snow weighed eleventy hundred pounds. 
Reina was the only member of the Pauley household (besides T&T) to be excited about the no school day.  Even Will was bummed, but frankly he was more bummed by the snow and the fact that he won't be able to wear shorts to school tomorrow, or really anytime soon.  He was all serious with me today and said that he knows that it's important to get water for the plants but snow makes him a little bit angry.  I'm right there with ya buddy.   
 
I think poor Mr. Bent Limbs Tree would concur.  Although after I took this picture, I went out and lamely tried to get some of the snow off.  I was marginally successful. 

Thirteen inches of snow on May Day.  This is why we have places in Wyoming called "Crazy Woman Creek." 

No comments: