Monday, May 6, 2013

Well, I said I'd post more pictures of me this year

But this is probably not what I had in mind.  Yesterday, I ran a race in Fort Carson, CO.  It was one of those obstacle course things that I swore I'd never do.  Just like last year's, it was cold and wet and muddy and bizarre.  But I finished with my bones and dignity intact.  Vicky took a few pictures of me along the way which I'm glad she did because I think I earned some points with Will.  "Wow Mom, you are muddy."  High praise from a 6-yr old. 
 
My least favorite obstacle involved crawling under barbed wire for what felt like 50 miles but was probably more like 50 feet.  Still, it was cold and wet.  I think I'm taking a coffee break here. 

Almost at the end.  I look like I'm about to barf.  I'll probably regret sharing this picture with the world but here I am in all my obstacle course glory.  Isn't mud supposed to be a beauty treatment? 

Right at the end you have to climb a big rope net, crawl across another net and then come down the other side.  Sidenote:  I'm a little scared of heights but I just kept telling myself that my butt was too big to fall through those square.  I'm the last one coming up in this picture. I'll spare you the shot from underneath the net as I gracefully roll across the top. 

The finish line!  I had to jump a little wall of fire and then strapping young men with paddles greet you right before the finish line and try to whack you as you run through.  I held my hands up and yelled, "Just let me go through, I'm 40!" 
So to wrap-up.  I feel like I was hit by a truck today and I'm snacking on ibuprofen like they are M&M's.   But I got a cool tshirt out of it and that lovely mud exfoliated my arm hair for the summer season. Win-win. 

No comments: