Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Hodge podge

Lots to blog about, little time to blog. So here's a photo montage of a few of the highlights from the past week.

It's a girl and her daddy! Or as Reina says, "Daggy." We'll be featuring a special post about The Beard soon, so stay tuned. Both kids are fighting colds this week (again) so Reina's face is a little shinier than usual. She's still cute though! Speaking of Reina, this girl loves her shoes. And brother's shoes, and mommy's shoes, you get the picture. We took the kids to get flu shots yesterday afternoon and I brought them home for naps, instead of taking them back to school. They tag-teamed their naps, meaning Reina fell asleep while Will was still awake and then she woke up right as he was falling asleep. It made it really easy for me to get some other work done that afternoon. Yup, that last sentence was dripping with sarcasm. So anyway, Reina wakes up, finds things to amuse herself with and comes trotting out wearing her brother's shoes. The scary thing is that they almost fit!
This post is pretty Reina-heavy but that's mainly because she's the only one who will sit still long enough to get her picture taken. She was looking so grown-up after her bath the other night that I had to take a few pictures. Pretty in pink! Parents are so irritating! Stay out of my picture, mom. It's Reina on Blue Dog! Here's a picture of a slightly younger and more enthusiastic Will on Blue Dog.
We were down in Denver for part of the weekend and took a quick trip to the zoo. The weather was perfect and both kids are so animal-crazed that everyone had a good time. Most importantly? We had ice cream! Remember this drama? Well this time, she got her own cone and everyone was happy.

It's the elusive 3 1/2 yr old! It looks like that picture was taken through a window. I don't know what that smudge is on the camera lens. Chocolate/vanilla swirl ice cream? Maybe....
Holy cow, who's this big kid? Will's looking and acting more and more like a big boy and less and less like my cute little squishy baby. It's fun and a tad bittersweet at the same time. I wonder if the momma giraffe in the background feels the same way about her baby boy? I've been keeping a list of all of the weird things Will comes up with lately but that's another blog post. Here's a preview: We watched "Beauty and the Beast" last weekend and now he walks around the house singing, "beautous and the beast..."
One last event to record for all of eternity. I ran a half marathon in Denver over the weekend. I've run a few other ones and my only goal has been to just finish the race without barfing. This year, I decided to have a time goal in mind. My goal was 2 hrs 30 minutes and I finished in an astonishing 2:28:33. Yeah! 90 seconds to spare! I was pretty happy with my time and I don't think any 11-year olds beat me this time around. I wanted to memorialize my jogging hat on the blog because I'm getting some pressure to throw it away. What do you think? Yeah, the white stuff is sweat. Lovely.

No comments: