Monday, October 25, 2010

Beautous and the Beast

A few weeks ago I bought the newly released "Beauty and the Beast" movie for the kids. It's been a big hit. We've watched it for the last three Fridays in a row. During the first viewing, both Will and Reina were scared at a few scenes but we managed to get all of the way through it. We dance to the songs and Will likes to sing along. It makes me giggle to hear him walking around the house singing "beautous and the beast."

We're dealing with some serious teenager attitudes around here. Reina's answer for just about everything is "no." Reina, are you hungry? No. Do you want to take a bath? No. Do you love mommy? No. The only 'yes' we get is if we ask her if she wants a lollipop.

Will's latest speech development is to point out when he thinks I'm not listening to him. For the record, I listen to just about every word he says. He's just not always happy with my response. This morning, he yelled up the stairs about something and I thought he was talking about cartoons. I responded that I would turn on Curious George in minute and he hollered back, "Mom, I'm not talking about cartoons. I'm talking about Halloween candy!" Needless to say, no one in our house gets to eat Halloween candy at 6:45 a.m. Not even me....

No comments: