Wednesday, August 19, 2020

Day 157

 I've had the urge to write on the blog lately, even though there really isn't anything new to report.  We are still preparing for the kids to go back to their school buildings on August 31.  We've received a little more guidance about what the school days will look like, although I'm still waiting to hear more about elementary plans. I just looked up the plan online - masks in the hallways and in common areas.  Cold lunch but they'd like everything to be able to be thrown away (but I'm trying to have more reusable containers!), no drinking fountains so water bottles are a must. 

Back to our planning, all of the school supplies are bought and waiting in backpacks.  Reina just informed me that she wants to trim her bangs again before school starts so we'll add that to the list.  (I trimmed them earlier in the summer after a very careful Youtube search and a couple of helpful videos.)  Will has ordered every single pair of Nike pants currently in production - that's what it feels like anyway - so once those come in the mail, he should be all set.  

Will finished his third day of football practice.  It's been a warm week but the weather cooperated today with practice moved to the afternoon.  It rained for like two minutes but it was cloudy and everything cooled off.  I'm ready for fall weather.  That's one drawback to not being in the office this summer - no air conditioning! 

Charlie got to go to the field tonight for a walk.  It may be anecdotal evidence, but so far on the nights he goes to the field, he sleeps all night in his kennel.  We are back into the days of toddlerhood (puppy edition).  Will he sleep through the night?  Will he wake up at three because he's lonely and make his sad warbling noise that gets louder and louder until someone comes and gets him?  If I let him outside at 3:00 a.m. to go potty, he'll go back in the kennel but only after I offer him a dog biscuit.  As certain people have pointed out recently, he's training me well.  Charlie is zonked out on the rug right now so maybe this will be a sleep-through-the-night night.  

Night night from me, too. 

No comments: