Sunday, August 9, 2020

Day 147

 Another summer weekend wraps up.  Without baseball, you'd think we'd have a lot more free time.  We did have a baseball bbq yesterday and it was fun to see everybody one more time before summer ends.  Will socially distanced himself from us and hung out with his teammates because of course he did.  Grumpiness aside, I'm glad he likes his teammates and I hope they all have the chance to play together again next summer.  

Glenn started staining our deck which he did a few summers ago but the kids and I were out of town at the time.  Its a messy project but he does a good job.  We are truly running out of home projects which is shocking.  

Will was supposed to read the lesson during today's Zoom church service.  Even though my computer uses Zoom every day during the week for work, today it decided to have the microphone be all wonky (technical term) so after a few tries, our Pastor had to take over.  I sent a message apologizing for the technology and she wrote back that my computer must be observing the Sabbath.  We both agreed that who knew it was so devout?  

The rest of the day involved baths for all three dogs, some weird cleaning projects and my latest craft project - reusable gift bags.  I like sewing stuff that has straight lines. 

One last bit of good news.  I discovered the Otter Pops that I've been snacking on all summer are only 90 calories for SIX pops.  I thought they were 90 calories each.  This is big news and guess what's for breakfast? 

Two weeks tomorrow until the possible first day of school.  Stay tuned.   

No comments: