Tuesday, August 11, 2020

Day 149

This week is a whirlwind of mostly good stuff but a lot of *stuff* happening.  We are less than two weeks away from school starting.  I think - the school board was meeting tonight but I had to run Reina to dress rehearsals for dance and then decided to give my sanity a break and read the highlights tomorrow instead of listening to it.  Will had another pre-tryouts baseball practice tonight.  He wasn't happy with how he played so we spent part of the night talking about playing fall baseball so he can keep working or just focus on football.  He and I did this while simultaneously watching the Rockies who almost blew a 6-run game in the 9th inning but thankfully (for both my sanity and Will's) won the game.  Reina and I took a late evening walk with Charlie which is becoming our new tradition.  Glenn was here too - just doing chores and looking for side-by-sides online and running Will back and forth to baseball. 

It feels like we are all a little on edge.  It's almost like it was when all of this first started. I think the uncertainty of the next few weeks is affecting us.  Will there be middle school football?  Will the kids make it through a week of school before getting sent home?  Will we all stay healthy?  One day at a time.  Tomorrow the cousins are coming over and that's what we'll focus on right now.  

I keep dreaming about going to back to the office.  In one dream I was really worried about being around too many people.  In the second dream, my boss had brought in a cat and said that we could keep it in the office.  That was super exciting (for me) especially since it was an African Serval cat (google it).  At our staff meeting the next morning (in real life), I floated the idea to my boss and co-workers.  Shockingly, it wasn't greeted with a lot of enthusiasm. I think it would really help with social distancing.... if I had an actual wild animal in my office.  

We found out yesterday that the Wyo Cowboy football season has been pushed back or possibly canceled.  I hadn't cried about COVID related stuff in at least a month but I have to admit that it brought about a few tears of disappointment. I completely respect the need to keep players safe and the uncertainty of the long term health effects that may occur but dangit. I think I needed football on Saturdays to make me feel like things were getting back to normal even though they really aren't.  I'm also mad that we as a society couldn't come together and get this thing figured out.  

So instead of ending this point on an even more downer moment, here's a Charlie story.  I took Charlie on a walk over the lunch hour.  He's getting braver about being out in public and even a little friendly with other dogs we meet.  It was warm at noon but he and I walked for a while.  Finally he laid down under a tree to signify that he was done with the walk.  The only problem was that the tree wasn't in our yard and we were about a mile from home.  Nice try Chuck.  

No comments: