Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Will's best day ever and other highlights from the week

Last week, my Aunt Mary sent us a few boxes of stuff from my grandmother's house. There were some very pretty bits of china and assorted knick-knacks but the highlights for the kids were the boxes and the packing peanuts. It's raining!! Wheeee! Shortly after the fun of sitting in the box wore off, Will got out and dumped the entire box of styrofoam on the floor. After the giant mess they made, I almost packed them up and sent them back to Aunt Mary.
In other fascinating news, I'm still working on my mastery of hair. I think this picture below shows a slight improvement. We think she looks like a bug with antennae. A cute little bug! She's already learned to dislike hair styling and hair combing time. I'm picturing lots of short hair in this girl's future.
So this weekend was quite eventful, but mostly for weird reasons. ***WARNING**** Story with multiple bodily functions straight ahead:
Saturday, we had a golf tournament and bbq with some of my co-workers. At the bbq, I started to feel queasy so we left early. On the long drive home, I realized that I needed to vomit, so we pulled the car over and I did my thing. Will decided that he needed to pee, so Glenn helps him out of the car and he proceeds to urinate on the side of the road with me. Keep in mind, this is a fairly busy, well-traveled road. The people driving by must have seen an eyeful. Will also decides that maybe he needs to throw-up too so he stands there making gagging noises and really not helping my cause. The rest of the way home, he is just fascinated. "Mom, remember when you threw up two times?! I have to throw up too! (insert more gagging noises here.)" I think the next time I have the stomach flu, I'm just going to check into a hotel.

No comments: