Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Reina - 18 months old

Yesterday was Reina's 18-month birthday and I thought it should be commemorated on the blog. She's moving so quickly out of babyhood and into toddlerhood. She's been walking for over a month but she's also moved on to running. She's quite fast, especially if she's heading somewhere she's not supposed to go.

Glenn wants me to record that she has a sweet, but also very stubborn and demanding personality. He's right. She can go from snuggly and smiley to red-faced angry in about 3 1/2 seconds if the situation requires it. She's also getting better about making her demands known through repeated "chew! chew! chew!" (chupee = pacifier) "out! out! out!" (I would like to go outside, Mother)

Reina's vocal skills have improved this summer. She's adding more words to her vocab every day. She'll say horse, hot (but always whispered, I don't know why...), owie, the occasional bobo (brother?) and both my parents thought they heard her say "grampa" this weekend. I think she calls herself ReeRee. She says it a lot but I'm not 100% sure of the context.

Reina's sleeping so much better lately. Both kids are in fact. I realized I've just jinxed us and tonight is sure to be short and sleepless but it's an amazing concept for our family to put kiddos to bed at 8:15ish and have everyone wake up in the morning. I feel so rested! Well, not exactly rested yet, but I can string a few words together and demonstrate more mental capacity than I have in a while.

We love our Reina girl and look forward to all of the new milestones and developments that will occur in the next 18 months.

No comments: