Monday, August 16, 2010

Weekend highlights and a blast from the past

We had another busy weekend! Do I ever start a post with the words, "It was a quiet and boring weekend at the Pauley household?" Oh well, maybe this winter. On Saturday, we crammed in the Race for the Cure (Lucy), six hours at work (Glenn), canning (Lucy and Vicky), two birthday parties (Will and Reina) and two dunks in the pond at the Children's Garden (Will). We had to leave the first birthday party slightly early because someone waded into the koi poind and was chest deep in pond water. That someone was pretty excited to drive home naked. Here's a blurry example of my first experience with canning. Vicky and I tried canning peaches for the first time with mixed results. It's fun but I still have a lot to learn. We're trying green beans and pickles later this month. Should be interesting...
I was looking at the Race for Cure website today to see if I could find race times from previous years so that I could compare this year's time (competitive much, Lucy?). I didn't find the race results but did find this picture of a familiar toddler and a familiar aunt running last year's race. Will looks bored but he had a good time talking to us. Vicky was the trooper and pushed the stroller the whole time so that I could focus on staying upright. Neither one of us attempted to push the kids in the stroller this year. Between both of them, it's about 65+ pounds of kid. No thanks!

No comments: