Monday, November 30, 2020

Will wrote Thanksgiving letters too!

I was trying to declutter the counter yesterday and I found two envelopes with 'mom' and 'dad' written in Will's handwriting.  Turns out he wrote thanksgiving notes to his parents last week too!  I don't think he was going to point it out.  I think he was just cleaning out his backpack and that was the result.  But look at the results:  

Dear Dad, thank you for always being there for me and teaching me lots of life lessons. 

Thank you Mom for always helping me in my life and providing me with food and shelter everyday of my life.  (Mine has two hearts drawn on it.)

I'm not going to quibble about the wording of 'food and shelter' and how it makes it sound like something that I'm contractually obligated to do and instead I'll just focus on the two hand-drawn hearts while my own melts a little bit.  He might be a teen but he's still our boy.  

No comments: