Wednesday, December 9, 2020

It's beginning to look a lot like the second week of December

Apparently Christmas is 16 days away or something ridiculous.  I'm trying to wrap up my shopping for the out-of-town relatives and I'm having a modicum of success.  I have yet to wrap a present or send a Christmas card but the house is decorated and the kids are getting excited.  The older they get, the harder it is to find something to surprise them but hopefully I've managed to do that this year.  Well, since this is an honest family blog, I have to report that Reina has already stumbled upon her big present.  We were hiding it in Glenn's hunting room and she went down there to get ready to go goose hunting with her dad and there it was sitting under the desk.  Her sweet conscience wouldn't let her keep that news to herself so she told her dad and then she told me and then she apologized like 20 more times even though it wasn't her fault that SOMEONE couldn't hid things better in his hunting room.  So that's where we are.  

Tomorrow Will gets to lead the school in the pledge of allegiance and read the morning announcements over the intercom.  It's part of the curriculum for his speech class.  Mr Introvert if very ready to have this project be completed.  He's practiced the pledge several times and I think he's ready to go.  Glenn was encouraging him to read the pledge passionately and with conviction but it comes across a bit Mussolini-like when Glenn does that so I think Will is going to go a different route.  I wish I could hear it in person.  

The rest of us are getting by, trying to enjoy this wonderful season even with all of the changes and weirdness.  

No comments: