Sunday, October 11, 2020

I'm not even sure what day it is anymore - 210 probably?

 We are at the start of another week!  Here are some highlights from last week. 

1.  In Will's last junior high football game (sob), he got a solo sack on the opposing team's quarterback. I've never yelled so loud for my kid to get another kid.  It was fun. I wish I could've taken a picture of it but it probably would've been all blurry anyway. 

2.  Glenn and Will went antelope hunting for a few days so Reina and I had a fun girls' (part of a) weekend.  We picked out some fabric for her Halloween costume online, painted and watched some movies.  We had a nice time.  

3.  We have had unusually warm weather lately and there's a big forest fire burning about 50 miles from here.  We've had lots of smoke in the air and it's been difficult to exercise outside.  Today the weather finally started to feel like Fall and the mountains got some snow so that's good news. I hope it keeps coming.  

4.  Basketball season must be around the corner because I can hear Will dribbling in the den.  These are the times I remind myself that I support all of their athletic endeavors and if this helps his ball handling for 8th grade basketball then I can suffer through it.  

5.  Glenn caught all of our colds last week and actually stayed home from work on Monday.  He worked from home but he decided to keep his germs out of circulation.  That is definitely a COVID-19 development because 2019 Glenn would've gone to work and shut his door.  

So that's all I have for now.  This will be our first week without Will having practice after school which will technically open up more time for him to complete his homework before 9:00 p.m.  Sometimes I really make myself laugh.  The kids are also getting flu shots this week so that we can stay one step ahead of that nonsense.  Bring on another week!  

No comments: